Sunday, September 13, 2020

Clay's dog addiction

I've been out of town for just over a week and had gotten our numbers down before I left. Apparently Clay was feeling lonely because he took in a new dog today. I think he may have a dog addiction problem, I'm just sayin'. 

Actually the story of Beastie began back earlier this summer. Stacey, the Queen of HOWS, contacted me about this rottie mix that belonged to one of their clients. They had been trying make arrangements for her if and when the owner decided to surrender the dog. It nearly happened a month ago but didn't. I had agreed to take the dog anytime they could negotiate a surrender. Yesterday I received a message that the owner was finally prepared to surrender the dog and it did finally happen today. 

I'm out of town still but Clay is home and we have plenty of space out in Daneland for a rottweiler. Journey has been out there by himself and is wanting a playmate. He immediately tried to make friends with her but she wasn't quite ready for him yet. She has already learned use the dog door into the puppy shed and seems to have staked out her territory. Journey is a good-natured dog and he will give her some time to come around. I'm really hopeful that they will become buddies and keep each other company.

Beastie has been living on a chain so Daneland is a big upgrade to her standard of living. Any vetting that she's had was done by HOWS. I'll have to find out what it was and what she still needs. In the meantime, can anyone recommend a 12-step program for Clay?



This was Beastie in her prior home. 

She seems happy to be leaving.

Beastie meeting Clay today.




That's a nice rottie smile. You can see Journey partly behind the tree in the background.
He wants to be her friend and I hope she will soon feel the same.


2 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

Um, I think Clay has learned from the best:-) Seeing her smile just made my morning. I am so grateful she is with your pack. Thank you for all that you do!

Anonymous said...

I love a Rotti smile. Can you change her name to "Betsy"?