Friday, November 26, 2010

Heading for home

This is Louie, Kate & Kim's new beagle.  He's a sweetheart.  All of their dogs are so well behaved compared to mine.  It's embarassing.  They live with cats, two parrots, and a large iguana, although the latter is generally confined.  Everyone gets along.  They range from a Jack Russell to a large white German Shepherd Dog.  Although the GSD belonged to a neighbor at one time I guess, he now eats, sleeps, and is cared for by  Kate & Kim. 

Louie picked a good spot to call home.  I'm sure it's a far better place than he came from, wherever that may be. 

We've had a good time and awoke to a light blanket of snow on the day after Thanksgiving.  We will be heading home tomorrow, sad to leave but it will be nice to get our own pack and the fosters back home again. 

Zachary has been glued to Clay since we left home.  I thought he'd relax a bit more after we got here.  He's been fine with the dogs and cats, but mostly he wants to go home.  Tomorrow we will be home.  I'll probably be able to get Molly, Trooper, Sunny, and Belle back tomorrow evening and the rest on Sunday morning.  I'll be meeting Tasha up in Gainesville Sunday afternoon and still need to make arrangements to retrieve Bubba and Jeremy. 
There's a new rottie headed my way next week.  A white shepherd that I thought I'd be taking may be getting adopted from the shelter instead. 

No comments: