Wednesday, November 24, 2010

He's a keeper

I recently posted a picture of Griff the rottie with the young deer he had adopted as a fawn, now growing up. I was catching up on some email the other day and wrote the adopter to thank her for the picture and I said that I hoped that the deer could distinguish between Griff and other dogs. Apparently she can and only comes out when Griff is alone in the yard. We exchanged a couple emails and she sent this picture along as well:



I immediately wrote her back and told her that I wanted the dog back, joking of course. This was her response: "All joking aside... he is a keeper and will be loved and want for nothing the rest of his days."

Nothing could make me happier, or more thankful.

This is about the time of year that Griff was found. He showed up at the door of a couple over in the valley on Thanksgiving Day of 2007. They remember Griff fondly and tangibly every year by making a donation to Animal Connections, which I received last week.

I'll be printing out some pictures to send to them as a thank you.

1 comment:

Nerdy Knitter said...

It's such a wonderful, amazing story, Brent. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

--Judy