Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Home at last

Buddy is a beautiful young male shepherd. That kind usually go really quickly and I did have a lot of inquiries about him initially. My first choice for him wasn't available because of other committments for at least a month. There were two people interested in him that I liked but neither of them could take him right away because of being out of town. I ended up placing him with the first one who came back and followed up, but they only kept him about 3 days. He's still very much a pup and doesn't have much experience with human households.

I didn't encourage many northern VA people because few of them have the time and committment that would have been required for this dog. I thought the first couple who adopted him would have made more of an effort, but I'm not sure that both people in that couple were really on board. He is very much a pup yet and he needs some work.

Buddy ended up being around long enough that my first choice for him became available after her October obligations were completed. I contacted her, she came to meet him, came back with her dog Starr later that same day, and I took him to her house last week. He climbed her fence but she strung an electric wire and that put a stop to that. He had a few accidents in the house, but the dog was more important than her rug. This guy had a few things going for him: 1. He started playing with Starr right away (one of my former fosters); 2. He wasn't threatening to strangers (this is the same home that had tried Trooper originally); and 3. He's just plain cute.

His adopter came by today and did the paperwork to adopt him officially, so he is home at last.

No comments: