Sunday, November 21, 2010

A rumble of rottweilers

Some time ago, I posed the question of what to call an aggregation of rottweilers.  My favorite response was a "rumble of rottweilers."  Although they are peace-loving canines, they are not to be trifled with, and a group of them together will make the house or earth rumble anyway. 

These are pics from Tasha's new foster home.  They agreed to take her in because I couldn't board her a week after surgery and I wasn't sure she'd enjoy the trip to Kentucky. 

Top left is a picture of me and Bernie.  He is the people-shy rottie mix called Rowdy when he was with me.  He is still suspicious and cautious with people, but he was happy to meet Tasha when we met in Culpeper to transfer her on Friday.  Top right is Bernie's cute face.  The next two pics are of the "Gang of 4."  First pic, from left to right:  Tasha (in front), with Sable behind her, then Bernie, and a lab mix named Murphy on the far right.  Sable was adopted from me.  She has a problem with perienal fistulas.  They flare up occasionally but she gets the treatment that she needs.  In the next pic, from left to right are Sable, Bernie, Murphy, and Tasha.  The 4 dogs share two households between them based everyone's needs.  The two boys are young and active, the two older girls are both pretty mellow. 

The last picture is Tasha. At last report, she wasn't bothering the staples in her side and everyone was getting along well.  I haven't heard from Jeremy since he first got home so I'm assuming that he's still doing well, and Bubba's first night in his temp foster home went well too. 

1 comment:

LCS said...

I love Rotties. They're so gentle. I got 2 Rotties from you, Brent, and they were/are amazing.