Sunday, March 18, 2012

Many miles

Jack
The van and I were as one this weekend. 
Radley
Friday morning I drove Jack up to Culpeper to meet someone who transported him to a new foster home.  He will be happier being back in a home, but Jack doesn't adjust all that quickly and there are two female dogs that he needs to adapt to.  I think he will be ok there, but time will tell.

On Saturday I drove over to Stafford and adopted out Radley.  He is such a sweet boy.  Nice folks and they were all very excited to have him.  No word from them yet, so we'll just continue to hope for the best.
Max, checking out the new kitchen
Sunday was a day of even more driving.  First I went to Front Royal to deliver Max to a new foster home.  It's the home of my former foster Buddy and two other dogs, including a small one.  Max was good with them all though and I think he will fit in well and be happy there. 

Dixie
Then I drove into Fairfax County to attend the Pet Expo.  It's a big commercial event, lots of vendors, rescue groups, etc., all animal related.  VGSR has a big booth there every year.  I had Dixie with me, and she really enjoyed it.  Everyone who would tolerate it at all got covered in kisses.

Dixie, in a therapeutic hug
One of my former fosters, Rikku, was there, greatly changed from the time that I had her, all for the better. 

Dixie, dishing out the love
I was really happy to see Dixie so well behaved and friendly.  I think she will get adopted soon, possibly to a young couple we met there today.  It was a good weekend, but I'm tired of driving.  This next week needs to be all about mowing. 

1 comment:

Lindsay Jo said...

Hope the home works out for Radley! Sure sounds like a wonderful dog!