Thursday, March 15, 2012

Some better news

Max
Almost anything would have to be better than my last news, even taking in a new dog as I did today.

This is Max, I wrote about him a while back, his family is moving.  I picked him up today and we went directly to the vet to update his vaccines.   He seems like a good dog, a little spooked by the move, as they always are.  The best thing about Max is that I have another foster home in mind for him and hope to take him there on Sunday.

Jack
Jack, the return I took in on Monday, is moving to a new foster home tomorrow.  I'm driving him up to Culpeper in the morning to meet someone who will take him on to his new foster home.  The interesting thing about this is that the new foster home is the permanent home of one of Jack's littermates from six years ago.  Jack will be much happier to be back in a home, and particularly a home without small children.
Radley
On Saturday I'm taking Radley to meet a potential adopter who met him in Gainesville last Sunday.  I'm very hopeful about that one. 

Dixie
Sophie
I have someone interested in Dixie, but they live in New Jersey.  I'm not sure it's necessary to pursue an out of state adoption for her with it's complications--home visit, transport, and difficulty of a possible return.  Still, it's nice to have some interest.

Sophie (formerly Sunny) celebrated her one year adoption birthday this week, today, I believe.

Hannah
I had an email from Hannah's adopter this week.  He is absolutely besotted with her, thinks that she's the best thing ever.  I have a strong feeling that she thinks the same about him.  They were a good match.
Teddy (front) and Cooper

I had an email from Teddy and Cooper's adopter.  Teddy now accompanies them to the dog park and really enjoys himself, with the other dogs.  He won't have anything to do with the people, but that's ok.  He comes when Cooper comes.  Cooper has opened up Teddy's world.

Robin, more powerful than Batman
In the same vein, I heard from the woman who adopted Buck (now Robin), from Service Dogs of Virginia.  Robin has opened up a new world for her autistic son and made many things possible.  The woman is a therapist herself and also uses Robin in her professional life to help other clients.  To say that Robin is worth his weigh in gold would be to seriously underestimate that dog's value. 

That's it for now.  I guess I'm feeling a bit better.  I found Molly's original adoption paperwork that said she was 5 years old when we adopted her in 2006, making her more senior than I realized.  I am still kicking myself for misreading the situation with her that night and I probably always will, but that's just something I'll have to live with and deal with as time goes on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bask in your success...the world is a better place because you intervened in the lives of these dogs. Hang in there...