Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sprung on a spring day

This is Augi leaving the shelter on Saturday.   He was ready to go.  He came in as a stray, with a leash and collar, already neutered, but no tags and no one came to look for him.  Is that crazy or what?  He's a nice dog but the outcome wouldn't have been so nice in many shelters because he proved to be food aggressive on the behavioral evaluation.  That is the least problem a dog can have in my book so I didn't hesitate to say I would take him even before I met him.

With just getting Lana on Monday I wanted a few days to get everyone settled in a new routine around here before adding another dog, but I had planned to get his guy before Friday.  Well, Friday came and went, along with more rain and thunder, and I hadn't been to town all week.  Saturday morning I realized that we didn't have enough of Cabell's K/D food to make it through the weekend.  I needed to get to the vet's office to get the food before they closed a noon and I made it, but not by much.  Then I picked up four more bales of straw at Southern States to help with the mud around here, and then went to pick up Augi.  They also gave me all the dog food I had room for, thank you very much, and I was needing it as my storage box is pretty bare right now and the barrell is getting low. 







Augi is everything I've liked about every boxer we've had.  He's sweet, friendly, outgoing, and gives a nice hug.  I walked him into the dog yard with Trooper and Radley with nary an introductory sniff and he was fine.  I introduced him to Lana as well, as I am planning on them sharing a kennel.


Everyone got along fine.  Lana has a very dominant greeting style, which makes me think that she would not do well in a dog park, but she is fine with others once she mounts and humps them.  Maybe after some time here and experience with a few more dogs she will mellow out a bit.  For now, however, I'm only putting her together with pretty easy going males.  Augi and she were fine, and both were fine with Trooper and Radley as well. 


I also got appointments for both Dixie and Lana to be spayed next Wednesday, which means I need to get them both to my vet for vaccines on either Monday or Tuesday next week.  Dixie should be good to go by next weekend. 

























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was an awesome day all the way around!! :)