Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Make me laugh

I stole this off of Facebook, it made me laugh.  Not a lot of things make me laugh during political seasons, but dogs always can.  There's quite a few things I see on Facebook that make me laugh, most are dog-related.


This week I don't have much time even for a quick laugh.  The housesitter came out this morning for introductions and instructions.  Boarding arrangements have been made for Trooper, Sparky, Gypsy, Jr., and Vince.  That will still leave eight dogs at home to keep the housesitter company.  I think everything will be fine.


I've got a few more things to do around the house and need to start thinking about packing soon.  There is one more dog prescription to pick up tomorrow.


I've been mowing like crazy because I don't want to come back to an overgrown mess.  The pasture is all cut and I'm going to mow the lawn areas again before we leave as well.  This afternoon I took Gigi and Vince out to the pasture together while I mowed.


They were a good pair together.  For an old guy with short legs, Vince is really fast when he runs, and when he's in the pasture he really runs.  In fact, when he's outside he is usually running, never a slow easy walk, even though he's just running from place to place to sniff and pee.  But when he's inside, he's calm and quiet, usually right at my feet.   He didn't eat very well today though, I'm not sure what is up with that.


Lady has been with us about two weeks now, I guess, and today is the first day I saw her poop.  She's obviously been doing it, but she's stealthy about it and goes away to far corners of the yard, out of sight, to do her business.  I've been wanting to see her do it because I'm curious about how she's digesting her food, and also curious about how she accomplishes the act, given that her back legs barely support her and she can't really arch her back.  The poop was good so I think we'll see her picking up a few pounds soon.  She probably has already, but her ribs still show so she's got a ways to go.  She's got a good appetite and I suspect she just wasn't being fed in her former "home."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the last pic- of Gigi and Vince. You really get an idea of what a tall lady she is from that picture!