Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stop to smell the flowers



Sunday morning I was up early and off with Lance.  He met the resident rottweiler in the prospective new home without any problem and then spent the next 30 minutes or so marking everything in the adopter's back yard.  If it was stationary, he'd sniff it first and then piss on it. 

He's a nice boy.  I'll call tomorrow for an appointment to get him neutered. 

I came back home and loaded up Cooper to go meet some prospective adopters west of Harrisonburg.  They live on the side of a mountain and had to meet me down at the base to take us up in a 4 wheel drive vehicle.  There is no way my van could have made it.  Beautiful home, great folks, and Cooper will have a good life there.  They've got a youngish female shepherd who is very bossy, but Cooper can handle that after living with Lana and Hank.  Unfortunately, I left my camera in the van so I didn't get any pics of Cooper with his new sister. 

There is one more road trip tomorrow, Monday, down to Natural Bridge to bring back a boxer, a husky, and two small dogs.  Only the boxer is coming home with me, however.  That will make four days that I've been on the road with dogs.  I don't think I'll leave home the rest of the week. 




No comments: