Saturday, September 29, 2012

Do you see what I see?

Just before we left for vacation I had an email from the shelter in Orange about another shepherd named Lady.  She was still there when we got home so today I drove up to Orange and brought her home. 

Her coat is rough, dry, and ragged.  She is underweight and looks like a coyote shedding a coat after a rough, lean winter when food was scarce.  If I took her to an adoption event now a lot of people would look at her with pity but pass her by because she's not the showroom shepherd of their dreams. 

But that's not what I see when I look at her.  She's a gorgeous, classic beauty.  On top of that, she's housetrained, crate trained, good with other dogs, and she has her fourth birthday on Sunday.  Anyone looking for a young beauty should snatch her up quickly.

She was dumped with the age-old "allergy" lie, "my granddaughter is severely allergic."  That's the biggest lie out there, next to "the check is in the mail" and "of course I'll respect you in the morning." 

The only things wrong with her are entirely superficial and easily remedied.  All she needs is some food and a new fur coat.  If someone gives her the food she will grow the other on her own. 



2 comments:

Risa said...

Oh, she's a beauty. Glad you were able to take her in.

BudsBuddy said...

If your grandchild has allergies does that mean you stop feeding and brushing your dog???