Sunday, September 2, 2012

Gang of 4, 3, 2?


Saturday I took Cooper to meet a family that I thought sounded good for him.  They weren't enthusiastic, however, so I'm not either.  He deserves someone who really wants him.

L to R:  Lana (rear), Cooper,  Hank, Gallagher

I was disappointed, but resolved to keep him as long as it takes to find him a good home.  As it happened, on Sunday we met a couple who had lost a yellow lab fairly recently.  Clay pulled up a picture of Cooper on his cell phone and they were interested.  I sent them more pictures this evening.  If it happens before we go away next weekend, that's great, but if not, it's just one more dog for the housesitter to feed.  He's not a problem.


I am taking Gallagher to another foster home on Monday morning.  She has taken fosters from me before and always finds good homes.  He will still have playmates and will have the opportunity to live in a household, which always improves a dog's adoption prospects.


L to R:  Hank, Gallagher, Lana, and Cooper (front)
This long weekend feels weird.  I finished my work on Friday and have not had any adoption events this weekend, so I'm not sure what to do with myself.  We did heartworm preventative and Frontline on all the dogs today, seven indoor and six outdoor dogs.  It was a good day to do that because Clay was here to help.  Everyone enjoys the canned food that they get along with the ivermectin.

This is Daphne, although we generally call her Daffy.
She's a former foster who is staying with us for a few days, just until Tuesday.
Sweet girl, she fits in well around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always love reading your updates...make me feel a little less "crazy" when I read about how full of canine life your family is as well :). Would love to get together, maybe an adoption/training event?
Erika