Monday, September 3, 2012

Countdown

Gallagher at our meeting place this morning.
We head for the UK on Sunday for two weeks.  The day off from work today was nice; it gave me time to get a jump on preparations.

Lana and Hank, on top of their platform,
looking out over the pasture as I was mowing.
I drove Gallagher up to Culpeper to meet his new foster home.  He's in good hands.  Daphne will be going back home Tuesday evening.  The housesitter comes out Wednesday morning to meet Lady, get re-acquainted with the rest of the pack, and do a walk-through of the feeding process.  I have two weeks of pills prepared for Cabell, Bremo, and Lady, and we are packaging up Zachary's food this evening.

Trooper and Gigi out in the pasture.
All Trooper ever wants to do is run the fence line as cars pass.
Gigi got bored with it, but following me back and forth on the
mower gets old too.  
The mower and rain gods have smiled upon me for the last two days anyway.  All the mowers are operational and I've got almost all the grass cut, even the pasture.  I plan to keep mowing whenever there is a break in the rain so it's as short as possible before we leave.  I also need to spray weeds, get to the dump, do laundry, and clean the house.

Cooper (left),  Hank (front), and Lana (rear)


Lady on her bed in the kitchen.  She is a sweet girl and she is
doing fine; she just needs to take things slow and easy.
Gigi, galloping across the pasture

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hank and Lana look so happy. I hope they go to homes with other dogs. Or at least active families with doggie friends :)

Anonymous said...

Love those flying Great Dane ears.