Monday, October 1, 2012

A journey of almost a thousand miles

I have put almost a thousand miles on the van in the last four days. 

Friday morning it was a round trip to the shelter up in Orange to get Lady II -- 70 miles.
Friday afternoon it was a trip to and from the VGSR golf tournament up in Front Royal -- 300 miles.
Saturday morning I picked up Lance and delivered Lady II up in Haymarket -- 170 miles.
Sunday morning I took Lance to his new home locally -- 10 miles.
Sunday late morning I took Cooper up a mountain west of Harrisonburg -- 200 miles.
Monday morning I drove to Natural Bridge to transport four dogs, one came home with me -- 226 miles.

I am tired of driving.  I don't think I'll even leave the house for the rest of the week if I can help it. 

These are pics from Monday's transport.  The boxer's name is Hooch.  He has taken Cooper's place with Hank and Lana.  Sweet boy, somewhat scared of men.  The other dogs are also with Animal Connections but went to other foster homes.  The husky is nice.  You couldn't pay me enough to take those two little ones.











 


This is Linda, and one of the little ones.  This one was quiet at least.
The little one in this kennel has an horrible,
obnoxious, squeaky bark.  A dog that only
Karin could love.






This is the husky, Julie.  She seemed to be a very
well trained, well behaved dog. 


This is my new foster, Hooch.
Lana meeting Hooch

1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

And yet the vast majority of people would instantly choose one of those little yappers over a gorgeous and devoted rottie. Go figure! Of course I am happy that the little tykes will find good homes too ;) It's easy to see from the last photo that Hooch does not want to bunk with Lana!