Thursday, October 4, 2012

Old friends, and maybe a new one


Vince is probably the only dog in the world that wants to go to the animal shelter.  Of course, it's not just any shelter, Vince wants to go to the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA.  He doesn't go to the shelter as most dogs do, Vince just goes to visit.  When we are outside together he often runs over to the van and jumps at the door, wanting to go.  I know exactly where he wants to go, and today we went. 


He has friends there, human friends, who have saved his little butt more than once, three times over the course of his life so far.  Vince does not forget.  Fortunately or unfortunately, I go there fairly often, so Vince gets to visit periodically. 

 
 
 

Today I went for a few reasons, one of which was to meet this rottie girl.  She seemed nice, pretty typical rottie, and she will probably be coming here after she gets spayed, maybe one day next week.  Her name is Riley.  I'm not that hung up on gender conformity with dog names, but it doesn't sound right for a girl.  I've been wanting a foster rottie that I can call Gronk, but that's all wrong for her too. 
 
She's a sweet and petite little thing.  She met my boxer, Hooch, and liked him.  Vince wanted nothing to do with her. 
 
 
 



After our CASPCA visit, we went to the vet because Hooch needed to get his check up and a couple vaccines.  He was cute and so very sweet.  He paid no attention to the cats in the lobby either.  I'm a boxer fan, more and more so with each one that we have.  When I got back home I had my first email inquiry about him. 

Applicants should submit proof of three miracles performed. 
  
 
 


No comments: