Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Good news, and (sort of ) bad news

First the good.  These are pics of my former foster, Cooper, the lab or lab/golden.  Obviously very happy, working out well in a really great home with his bossy shepherd sister.  Happy, happy. 




 
 
 

And now the bad news.  It's not terrible, but I seem to have messed up Hank's adoptions prospects.  I had been contacted by someone who was interested in Hank before we went to England.  While we were away and when we returned, I just plain forgot about it.  Someone else came along who was very interested in Hank, interested enough in fact that he took the unusual step of getting in his car and driving down here to meet the dog.  However, before that adoption happened it turned out that his landlord wouldn't allow the dog.  Someone else came along and I drove up to meet them in Gainesville last weekend.  However, it turns out that they aren't ready to adopt for another month Or they weren't interested in him, whichever it is, it doesn't matter, I came back home with him that day and am now fresh out of prospects.  Hank is happy enough here with Lana, but I really need to get him adopted, I have two more coming in.  I'm going to contact the originally interested guy and see if he still is interested in spite of me absent-mindedly blowing him off. 



1 comment:

erika proctor said...

I see both as good...obviosuly neither family was meant to be his, so the only bad thing that could have come of it would be placing him somewhere he didn't belong....his forever home and soulmate is out there looking for him! I would def contact the original person, and worst case is you find another foster for him, or mone of the new arrivals. :)