Sunday, October 28, 2012

Storm prep

Many people spent most of their Saturday preparing for a storm that may or may not happen.  They are prudent.  The most I did was move the recycling from the back porch into its larger containers so it wouldn't blow away.


I guess I did spend much of the day preparing in a way, but my storm prep involved moving Babe to a new foster home.  We met in Harrisonburg Saturday afternoon so neither of us would need to go to Gainesville on Sunday.  It sounds like the wind and rain may not even start until late on Sunday, but with Odie coming yesterday I didn't want to miss the chance to move Babe.  Odie had brought us up to nine indoor dogs, which is really pushing it.  With Babe gone we are back to a very reasonable eight indoors with five more outdoors, but they all have outbuildings at least in the event of really bad weather.  I'll probably buy some straw tomorrow to help with the mud and we will then just hunker down and try to stay dry through the rain, hoping we don't lose power.

Babe's new foster home has cats so we'll get a first hand reading on how she is with new cats in a new home.  It's also much closer to the folks who are interested in adopting Babe, so I hope it was a step towards her adoption.






Saturday morning I went to meet a potential new foster dog in Charlottesville.  He's got medical problems that his owner can't deal with.  He's about a year and a half old.  Looks like a bad allergy problem that is completely out of control.  His feet are red and swollen, he scratches himself excessively, and he's got a bad secondary infection on his skin.  I'll make a vet appointment early next week for both him and Odie, pick him up from the owner, go to the vet, and then bring him home with me. 


He's a cute little guy, but he may be a bit of a project.




The view out my window coming down from Afton this afternoon.

2 comments:

insanemommy said...

What's up with the muzzle on his face?! It looks like a hudini contraption! lol.

Lindsay said...

Poor little guy! Those feet look painful! He is very cute though. I love the giant ears.