Monday, October 15, 2012

VGSR reunion, 2012



This girl was adopted in 2002.  Her original name was Diamond.
Her folks brought her to the reunion hoping to find the original
foster person to say thanks.  We aren't sure who fostered her and
it doesn't matter, it's just wonderful to see her happy now.
I've gone to one class reunion since I graduated from high school.  It was the 15 year reunion, it was my first and will probably be the last.  But I've gone to the annual VGSR reunion for many years and did so again on Sunday. 

I don't think the crowd was quite as big this year, but there were at least 12 of my former fosters there and it was great to see them all.






Cole, from 2011, I believe.
Grown up and very handsome.





 


Colby was as keen and alert as ever, and she needs
to be because she keeps track of two young boys.
Colby and Cole playing.  The dogs enjoyed it but couldn't
understand why their humans spent so much time just standing
around talking instead of playing.
One of my most recent foster dogs, Cooper (now Clark), was there.
Cooper wasn't a VGSR dog, but his parents have a VGSR shepherd as well.
She isn't fond of crowds of strange people, however, so they brought Clark instead.
He was happy to see me, and everyone else too.




Dusty, a very smart and very pretty girl.
Dusty and Timber, dancing.






















 
 
 
 
Justin's folks adopted a senior shepherd named Malcolm from me
several years ago.  They adopted Justin from me after Malcolm passed.
They've adopted another VGSR shepherd as well -- Peanut.
They now volunteer and foster with VGSR as well. 
This is the second Lady I pulled from Orange,
the younger one.  She's very shy and is still
in a foster home, a very good one. 
She's beautiful.






Krypto was my Woody, one of the parvo survivors.
He's almost a year old now and already has his CGC certificate.
His ears do a variety of things.
 
 
 
This is a former foster named Markus, formerly Clancy.
His folks attend the reunion every year.
He's a great dog for them and they are good dog people.

This is a former foster of mine, Riddle, now called Mick Jagger.
He was so very thin when I first got him.  He moved to one of
my favorite foster homes who then found him great adopters.


Tessa is another of my fosters who was adopted by a volunteer.
She is a very dignified and stately gorgeous lady, but she also
has a playful, goofy side that I got to see yesterday.


This isn't the most dignified picture of Timber,
but Timber isn't the most dignified dog, he's all about the fun.
Timber was officially adopted at the reunion last year.
Happy anniversary/foster birthday to Timber.
 
This is me with Dusty.





3 comments:

jennifer said...

I didn't know (or remember Justin came from you)! He's my boyfriend and I always tell Maryanne I'm stealing him!!

Lindsay said...

All lovely and happy dogs! It's amazing how much Krypto has grown, and oh my goodness, I love those ears!!

BudsBuddy said...

It must feel great to see so many of the dogs you helped at one time! I recognized the photo of Krypto instantly, those ears are something else!