Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Awesome dog





























I don't think the name "Hooch" fits this boxer boy very well, but that's going to be up to someone else to decide.  When I first got him and would talk to him, he looked at me with some suspicion as if he wanted to say "who are you and how do you know my name?"  I was told that he was a bit scared of men, which probably means there had been an asshole in his prior life.  He was scared of Clay when they first met too, but all you have to do is show this dog a little kindness and he instantly melts, his fears fade away, and he becomes a wriggly, waggy, smiley, kissy boxer. 

He's been a very easy foster too.  He is obviously accustomed to living indoors, he uses a crate without any resistance, seems to be house trained, gets along with other dogs, and I was told that he was living around cats in his prior temporary home.  I got him on Monday and he wouldn't eat for me until today when I caved in and gave him a bit of canned food mixed with the dry.  Lady gets some canned food too, mostly for her pills, so I gave Hooch half of her can this morning.  Vince wants to hold out for a dry/canned mixture too, but I'm trying to stand firm on that one lest they all figure out that I'm getting soft in my old age. 

Hooch is going to made someone a fine dog.  He is young, about 1-2 years old, approximately 50 pounds, very lean as boxers are.  He's been neutered and has had a rabies shot, I'll get the other vaccines taken care of one day next week probably.   He was picked up as a stray and saved from a shelter where he might have been adopted out to be kept on a chain.  Unfortunately, that is still considered acceptable and appropriate among a certain element of society.  Needless to say, he will be going to a better home than that.  All this guy needs is a bed, not a chain, to keep him home. 

No comments: