Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Riley the rottweiler

I was about a week later than I should have been, but today I pulled a female rottie named Riley from the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA.  They had her spayed and vaccinated, thank you very much, so all I had to do was show up and bring her home. 

She's a little spooked by the move and by moving into a place with a lot of other dogs, but she's quiet and I think she will settle in well tonight.  I put her in the kennel adjacent to Lana and Hank, but am planning to keep them separated for a day at least.  I got a couple kisses from her after she had checked out the kennel and the food dish. 

Hank did his usual bad ass routine through the fence, barking, snarling, acting tough.  She didn't respond, which means she could see right through him and didn't take it seriously.  I expect they will be great playmates when I open the gate and let them together.  Lana is so much better than she once was with dog introductions that I don't expect a problem from her either.  Yesterday she met the white shepherd, Babe, with no problems.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!!!

Bobbie Crane said...

Hi, I am interested in giving her a permanment home here with me and my other rottie. I live on a farm in Rochelle, Va., north of c'ville.