Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hank & Hooch


Saturday morning Hooch and I went with Animal Connections to the Belmont Bash, a neighborhood street festival held in Belmont Park in Charlottesville.  We were set up disturbingly close to a moon bounce, but it was a beautiful morning and Hooch and I only had to stay for a couple of hours. 


It may have been time well spent too.  I met a man who was interested in Hooch, and also met his wife, two daughters, and their current dog.  It sounded like a good prospect, I'm hoping to get an email from them this afternoon or this evening and if so, we may go visit their home tomorrow.











We had to leave about noon because someone was driving down from northern Virginia to meet Hank!  Everyone loves Hank at adoption events, but he's never had a serious prospect.  This guy is serious, he wanted a mixed breed, liked Hank's size, and he is one of very few prospective adopters who was willing to make the drive to me.  Most of them have the attitude that they'd be willing to consider meeting the dog if someone will bring it to their door.  After all the miles I traveled last weekend, I was happy to stay home and let him come down here.


And he did, and he liked Hank, and wants to adopt him.  We are planning to meet up in Culpeper next Friday.  That will give him a chance to get a crate and dog supplies and give me a chance to get Hank bathed, de-fleaed, and de-wormed.


I think it will be a good gig for Hank.  The guy is in DC/Arlington for a year of government training, living in an apartment by himself, bored, and missing his dog who passed away last weekend.  When he goes back home to St. Louis, Hank will have two kids, a mom, and house with a fenced yard.  The year of one-on-one will be good for Hank's maturity and training, and I don't have any reason to think that Hank won't love the rest of the family.  



2 comments:

jennifer said...

Yay for hank!!

Anonymous said...

That is such great news! Finally! I just feel badly for Lana as she will miss his companionship for sure.