Sunday, October 28, 2012

Work/Play day

Odie is less odiferous after his bath, but I think he'll be due
for another one very soon.  He LOVED  running in the pasture today.
Since I got Babe moved yesterday, I used the impending Frankenstorm as an excuse to blow off the VGSR adoption event in Gainesville on Sunday.  I had been on the road with dogs on Friday and Saturday and just didn't want to do a third day of it.  Besides, I really needed to get some work done outdoors. 

I did a couple winterization projects for the dog kennels and sheds, and bought four bales of fresh straw for the kennels, sheds, and the mud pit outside our door. 

Gigi is too thin.  I've started feeding her twice a day now,
and she's getting some of Zachary's raw food in addition
to the Taste of the Wild dry food. She doesn't mind.
I mowed some grass, something I hadn't done since before our trip to England, and then I took six of the pups out to the pasture for a good romp.




For years, only our first rottie, Jack, ate the pears.
Then Bremo started, then Cabell, and now Lady too.
I gathered up those that were laying on the ground.
The tree will soon be bare and it will be the end of pear season.






 
Odie and Hank got along well today. 
Hank tells everyone that he's the boss; no one believes it.


 
 
Lana just isn't tall enough for the classic "head over the back"
dominance move, but she tries.  No problems though.


Odie loved running in the pasture and seems to have no
orthopedic problems anyway.
His skin is just flaking off now after the bath.
We will see a vet early next week.





Lana and Hank, then Gigi, followed up by Odie.



This was Odie's first chance in months to get out and run,
since his time as a stray.  Now he's getting both
exercise and food on a regular basis. 
He seems very happy about it.




Vince had a good run too.  He and Gigi both stick very close
to me.  Gigi tries to play with him but he'd rather she didn't.

 

Odie doesn't look his best right now, but you can tell that he was and can be quite a handsome dog.








1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

Odie already looks quite a bit cleaner and happier than in the earlier pictures! Hope Sandy turns out to be only a typical case of media hype.