Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Catching up

One of the first dogs I met at the golf tournment last Friday was Luke.
It took me by surprise.  I recognized him immediately but didn't know the
woman holding his leash.   I finally remembered that I had moved Luke to
another foster home and he was adopted from there.  The adopters were
wonderful and the love between them and Luke was mutual.
I was so happy to see it

 
After more than two weeks off from the dog business I hit it pretty hard right after we got back to town. This week I hope to give it a rest, although I'll always jump at the chance for an adoption if one comes along.

In the meantime, here are a few miscellaneous pics I haven't used yet.





This is all the bling I brought back for the dogs' collars.
Everyone got at least one piece.

 
Bremo is stockpiling pears.  He had two of them on his bed
this morning, but Lady ate them when she came back in before him.








This is Clay's mother, Berta, the Merchant Princess of Branchlands, with the hoard of pewter we bought while we were in England.  It will soon be on sale at the Covesville Store.
I love pewter myself.  When you touch it, you can feel the history in it.  It holds countless untold stories of real people's lives.  
It's utilitarian, everyday, working class history, made for use, not for show.
 


Hooch is a good looking boxer.


Hooch moved inside. He didn't care for staying
outside with Hank and Lana.































This is Lady.  I think you can tell that she's looking better.  She's put on enough weight
to cover her ribs, and that's enough, given the condition of her rear legs.






This is just in case anyone has forgotten how pretty my girlfriend is.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE Bremo and his pears! It is just too darn cute! Hooch is definitely a cutie pie. Lady looks pretty as can be. And of course, Gigi is always the stunner. Funny group of dogs :)

Anonymous said...

What a nice happy pack of dogs!