Saturday, September 28, 2013

Maddie and the Vegetarians

Maddie and a friend doing a "down stay"
during an agility class
Maddie at the Vegetarian Festival today
Maddie had been farmed out to another foster home for the past three weeks while we were away because I wasn't sure if she would accept the house sitters quickly enough to be manageable.  It was a good experience for Maddie and she's enrolled in a weekly agility class now that I'll take her to on Wednesdays.  Saturday morning I picked her up and took her to the annual Vegetarian Festival in Charlottesville. 

It was a nice event, a decent day, and I saw several people I know, rescue folks and otherwise.  Maddie wasn't thrilled about it but she handled it pretty well. 

We met one couple who have a formerly shy dog themselves.  They had dealt with the same problem and seem to have overcome it.  They seemed interested but I'm not sure they were really looking for another dog.  I gave them my phone and email so we will see if anything comes of it.  The most encouraging sign for me was the fact that Maddie seemed very drawn to the man, no fear, gave him a kiss right off the bat and then proceeded to snuggle up against him.  For Maddie to like a stranger, and a male one particularly, that tells me all I need to know about the guy. 

Taking no chances, I  used a
slip lead and a second leash
on a body harness.

Maddie and I came home and I reintroduced her to the dog yard gang. 



She was happiest when settled down behind the
Animal Connections table, mostly out of sight.



Reintroducing Maddie to Toquima (he's
visiting again), Trooper, Maya, and Gigi.


She seemed happiest to see Trooper,
all the girls like him.

No comments: