Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Remote dog business




News from home:  Zachary didn't eat for a couple days so he wasn't getting his pain pills and was acting very painful. The house sitters took him to the vet, got him some antibiotics and after a couple days he was back to normal.  Maya escaped, no surprise there, but she was waiting at the back door. I knew she could and would climb the fence, I was just relieved that she was sticking around still.  The bigger concern now is that she has apparently gone back to escaping from her crate indoors, which she hadn't done since the beginning.  I sent an email of a few things to try and can only hope that it helps.

The dog at the top is Murphy, a big fat black lab.  He's in the pub tonight.  Sweet dog.  There was a rottie pup here last night, absolutely adorable.

I took in Max shortly before we left.  There are a couple people interested in him so I hope he will move soon after we return.





The dog above is Ochie.  He's a nice young dog.  A couple volunteers pulled him, got him vaccinated and neutered and have him stashed in a kennel until I return.

I got a email today from a woman in a bad situation not of her own making who was desperate to find a rescue for the two girls below, a lab and a beagle mix of some sort.  They are house trained, spayed, good with kids and cats, and I'm a sucker for a hard luck story.    They will be coming our way when we get home too.





No comments: