Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sparky and Max

I got Sparky out for some pasture time today while I was mowing.  He really enjoys it and I haven't had much time for him lately.  If I had more time before our trip I might try getting him and Max together.  Max wouldn't challenge him more than once and perhaps Sparky has mellowed a bit.  Or perhaps not.



I don't have time for making that work, however, so Max is inhabiting my one open foster kennel when he's not sharing the dog yard with Trooper, Maya, Maddie, and/or Gigi.  Max has been fine with all of them really, but he seems a bit unsocialized with other dogs.  I suspect he was well bonded with a human and didn't have other dogs as friends.  I did see him engaging in play with Maya this evening, however, and it was good to see. 

I don't have time to move Max to another foster home before we leave on Sunday.  He's fine with our dogs and he's fine with the house sitters so he will just hang out here until we return.  At that point I'll put him on the web and probably get him adopted fairly quickly.  I'm not going to post him on the web until we return because I won't be able to answer all the email he will generate. 








No comments: