Thursday, April 12, 2018

Home at last

Benny (formerly Lenny) officially has a new home as of today. I hoped and thought that they would make the final decision to adopt although I expected it after we returned from our trip rather than before. I'm thrilled regardless of the timing. He's still a work in progress and he may always be, but it's a good home for him and they are committed to making it work.

 As is so often the case, the other dog in the home was the key to making the adoption a reality. Benny needed a role model who was confident in home. Here it was Maya. In his new home it's a girl who looks very much like him, but is a little bigger, a little older, and much wiser.

They share the bed nicely. Not sure where
the humans sleep.

Lenny had been rather food aggressive here, but
Benny waits for his sister to finish before he eats.

He follows her everywhere and does what she
does. She is exactly what he needed.


Both dogs sit and take treats simultaneously.
Benny has a home.


7 comments:

Caroline Tiffin said...

Thank you again Brent for fostering Lenny and finding him his perfect home. He has come a long way from the dying puppy I rescued last summer. Here his role models were my GSD Levi and Chihuahua Hank. Though I never would have imagined he'd have had such a tough transition after leaving here, and I've second guessed many times sending him away for placement instead of keeping him, this beautiful happy ending is the hoped for reason I did. I am hopeful his adopters will be open to being in touch with me as he was one of the hardest of the hundreds I've rescued to let go.

Margo said...

I love a happy ending!

Byron's Mom said...

What a precious pair of pups! So happy for this sweet boy! He will finally have the home and love he deserves! Thank you so much Brent!!

Cynthia Maxwell Curtin said...

Thank you Brent. Good job. Good work.

Anonymous said...

This just made my day! Thank you Brent!

Jamie

Risa said...

This is what makes rescue worthwhile. Happy family, happy dogs.
Well done, you.

hammer1924 said...

Love it!