Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The Doggo Do List



I've been feeling good about travel preparations mostly because I'm pretty much packed already, which is usually the last thing I do. But yesterday I sat down and made a "to-do" list of just dog stuff.

  • Call in and pick up re-fill of Max's Rx
  • Package Max's pills in daily pill packs
  • Bathe Axel and Havoc to look/smell good for prospective adopters
  • Medicated bath for Rugger
  • Havoc's meet and greet on Wednesday
  • Get together Axel and Havoc paperwork - vet records and adoption contracts
  • Update instructions for dog sitter
  • Arrange drop off of Max and Trooper
  • Pick up another bag of Rugger's food
  • Fill food containers at home
  • Fill food containers to go for Max and Trooper
  • Flea/tick/heartworm treatment for everyone

Axel hopped into the tub for me with very
little urging. He was good.
Today I started crossing off some of these items from the list. For some reason, that's a very satisfying sensation. If I do something that's not on the list, I add it to the list later just so I can cross it off. The feeling of accomplishment is an adult high that isn't matched by many other things that still leave you feeling good the next morning. 
















Havoc was also surprisingly good in the bath.
He came out really soft and fluffy.


Rugger still has a bit of funky smell to him so
I figured this was a good time for another bath.
He stepped right into the tub for me.

He's done with his medications now so we'll
see how his skin does over the two weeks we
are gone without any treatment.

Since I was doing dog baths, I figured I might as well do
Sparky too. He was shedding more than I realized.
When we return I'll do the shepherds who will probably all be
blowing their coats by that time.

Sparky wasn't thrilled, but he tolerated it.
Sparky knows I'm always trying to help him.

1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

LOL I do the same thing with lists!! Love the cute bath pics. The one with the towel covering Sparky's head is my fave!