Monday, April 2, 2018

Pack walk and photo ops

It's been a while since I walked three dogs at once. When I got new fosters three at a time seemed more than I wanted to handle. But today I took Maya and TJ, always a good combo, plus Axel.
This is the best walking formation, Maya in
the lead, TJ on the left, Axel to the right.

Axel is getting better on the leash and on walks generally. With TJ occupying the space on Maya's left, Axel didn't bounce around as much and he tended to stay to her right. Also, with three dogs Axel didn't stop as much or as long because he seemed to feel more competition, mostly from TJ, for maintaining the lead.

It's tough to get pictures while walking with three dogs. Most of the time I use two hands on the leashes just to even out the load pulling on my back. But the water crossings make good photo ops and I look for other occasions and places as we walk. We did 3.5 miles today. Good walk.


Axel is still a little leary of water. No deeper than his
socks seems to be his rule.


This is on the new disc golf trail. I love it
when they walk close together like this.











Axel and I use the board to cross
the stream when one is available.











No comments: