Saturday, December 18, 2021

The big hairy Irish beast

I picked him up from Green Dogs after adopting out Allison. Our numbers never dropped, but our pack weight increased substantially. He's a wolfhound, which I always thought were shades of grey, but apparently there are other colors including this guy's cream color coat. At 140 pounds he makes the Danes, and River, look small. Thankfully he's a gentle giant.

His coat is in really bad condition, dirty and very matted. I have no idea what to do about it but I hope we can find someone who does. It appears that he's lived outdoors so I put him out in Daneland and he stayed in the shed last night. I've got a really huge elevated bed in there and it's the perfect size for him, I just added some blankets to it. 

My friend Tricia came to meet him today and he was sweet and friendly. I don't know much about him yet. He's about two years old and has lived outdoors on a farm. Stay tuned for more news as I learn it. Not sure yet what we're going to call him. He came with the name Roscoe but Tricia hated it. 















3 comments:

Rachel said...

Romeo? Remy? Noel? Chris?

EThetaB said...

Rory?
That was the name of an Irish wolfhound I grew up with, also a gentle giant. It was hilarious to watch my parents' Old English Sheepdog boss him around, but he never minded.

Anonymous said...

Rory is an excellent name. Also, I think that the dog in "The Durrells in Corfu" was called Roger.