Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Life after puppies

Not having puppies is an adjustment. I feel like there's something I should be doing or something I'm forgetting. I haven't been out to the puppy palace or to Daneland since they've all been gone. I need to go out and do a final clean up, gather up a load of laundry and a load of trash, but I can't bring myself to go out there and face a door that will open without a stream of puppies pouring forth. The final load of trash and laundry can wait. 

I've had a couple of really busy days of work, but I did take everyone out for a romp in the pasture Tuesday afternoon, and we took Maya to Decipher Brewing Tuesday evening. We still have seven dogs with a pack weight of over 500 pounds, all in the house in the evenings and at night, so we aren't really short of dogs, but still, having no puppies is an adjustment. Feeding is a lot faster and there's really no clean up involved. Laundry will drop off after I get everything cleaned and put away. And our trash production will drop considerably. Life is easier without puppies, but I do miss them.

Hugo and Rufus

Sweet Serena

Della

Allison


The disc that Hugo is carrying is still in good condition and I can do some
really good throws with it. The one that Rufus is carrying has seen a lot of
chewing, mostly by Max. It's good for carrying, but not so good for throwing.

The three boys, Max, Rufus, and Hugo are about to encounter the big mother Dane, Allison.





The three Danish girls hunting



Max with a ball, and Allison







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maya has such a sweet, wise face.

Anonymous said...

What are the chances that Malala will stay with her sister and big brother/