Saturday, February 21, 2009

Beach Party Midnight Madness Adoptathon

Today was CASPCA's Midnight Madness Adoptathon. It was a beach party theme and ran from noon to midnight. I guess it is still ongoing as I write this. I took Jeep in this morning on my way to work, as well as the three pups I was fostering. The pups all got neutered today.

Jeep (Jeeves is his CASPCA name), didn't have a great time at the beach party. He's terribly shy and isn't really a party animal. Apparently he spent most of the day in his run with his back turned towards everyone -- not a great way to be adopted. Of course, Jeep thinks he has a home already and isn't interested in being adopted. He was glad to see me when I got there after work about 6:00 p.m. We spent a couple hours hanging around the lobby, but the crowd was pretty much gone at that point, which was fine with him anyway. In a situation like that he is very clingy with me. He sticks close, tries to wrap himself around my legs, gives me lots of kisses, and does what he can to make sure I take him home, which of course I did.

One of the pups came back home with me for another week because they want his skin condition to clear up a bit more prior to adoption. Another pup got adopted almost as soon as he hit the adoption suite. The third one will probably go this evening or almost certainly tomorrow.

The one who got adopted went to a very nice young couple. They were nervous but excited to have him. I'm glad I got to meet them and to see him off.






















I hated bringing home just the one pup to be by himself, so I brought home three more to keep him company. They had just come in and are on a stray hold. All four pups will go back next Thursday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry this has been so long in coming. But I wanted you to know that Wyeth (aka Otto), is doing wonderfully. He is the joy of our lives. I am so glad that Freddie brought him home (I guess over a year ago now) and he just loves not only the other dogs but the 2 inside cats and 3 outside cats that inhabit the place. kFred will probably stop and see Berta when he does the Charlottesville show and may come over and see you all. Regards, Larry Cain in sunny WARM Southwest Florida. Actually Ft. Myers