Thursday, February 19, 2009

Puppy update

Ok, so nothing has really changed with the puppies, but they are cute and I won't have them long, so I wanted to post a couple of new pictures.

The thing that is about to change is that they are going back to the shelter on Saturday. They will be spayed/neutered that same day and will then be up for adoption. I would be surprised if they aren't all adopted by the end of the weekend.

The Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA is having a big adoption event on Saturday, noon to midnight. I am going to take in Jeep for that and leave him there until I get off work at the end of the day. Because the puppies are having surgery that day, I don't know if they will be available that same day, but they probably will be on Sunday and I'm sure they will go fast.

It has been cold since I've had them, but they are living under wooden A-frame and doghouse that opens to the inside of the A-frame. The entire thing is filled deep with straw and is covered with a tent made with an old comforter to keep out drafts. The pups have plenty of room inside to play as well as sleep, but they always come out to see me when I go in there to feed and clean. I pick them up and they are warm, radiating heat, so I know they are cozy in there. They have gained some weight and have fat little bellies now. Their hair is still thin, it will take some time to grow in, but they are not scratching any more, so I'm sure the scabies are gone.

No comments: