Thursday, February 12, 2009

A hectic Thursday

There is a lot to pack into a day off in the middle of the week. After the round of morning dog feeding, I started with a visit to my own doctor (a wrist/elbow injury, probably due to dog walking), then did the trip to CASPCA to swap Julie for the three pups after putting a turkey breast in the crockpot for the day. I stopped for a couple bales of straw on the way home for the puppies, who now have enough straw to burrow into for warmth.


This afternoon, Cabell, Bremo, and Zachary spent some time in the dog yard and pasture, followed by Chance, Bud, and Lyka this evening, while I filled bird feeders, scooped poop, and changed the water in all the outdoor water tanks.

Emmylou and Molly and I did a good long, and fast, hike on the Fluvanna Heritage trail late this afternoon. They are tired girls this evening. My weight was down when I was at the doctor's office today, so it is having a beneficial effect on me too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt that there are many benefits to walking dogs.

If you have a minute, what kind of dog do you think this guy is: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13016655

Unknown said...

How do you have those two hooked up? I like that!

Brent said...

The dogs are wearing harnesses, and they are attached with a rigging that I made from rope and rope clamps, all purchased from Tractor Supply. There is a 6' piece connecting the harnesses on the two dogs, with clips on both ends. The piece I hope has a clip on one end and a loop on the other, like a leash. I have a third one as well so I can walk three dogs all together.