Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A tale of two ladies

This is the other side of Rocky's story. It's the tale of two ladies. Both are big animal lovers. One is a good friend of the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA and probably many other animal welfare groups as well. She loves labs but is ready and willing to help any dog in need. The other lady I know as a woman who adopted a rottweiler from me several years ago. She has a gay son, loves rotties, and agrees with me on most things, so naturally we became good friends.

These two ladies read this blog and were touched by Rocky's story. They decided to do something about it. I created this flyer soliciting donations for Rocky's surgery and treatment. They sent out a hundred or more of these to their friends, with hand written notes and addresses, and stamped, self-addressed return envelopes.

The donations are being made to Virginia German Shepherd Rescue, which is responsible for Rocky's medical bills and care.

Donations are still coming in. The response has been tremendous, many donations, both large and small, all equally appreciated.

I am mailing this thank you note to all the donors, but I have no way of properly expressing my gratitude to the two ladies behind this effort. I'm hoping that a kiss from Rocky will suffice.

1 comment:

my three pups said...

It's good to have friends and I'm glad to know that Rocky has lots. Thanks for all you've done for him.