Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A patch of green

I'm not about to call this a sign of spring or even a sign of hope, but there is a small patch of grass showing on our property.

Mostly we still have a big glacier covering everything, but the bird traffic under one of my feeding stations has cleared enough snow and ice to allow a little grass to emerge.

I know that when it finally melts we will have nothing but mud, but I'm ready for the snow to go.

News: Diesel and Dakota are both doing well in their new homes. I have an adopter for Rocky, but she is in Utah. If anyone is heading that direction within the next month, or has any other idea for getting a dog out there, let me know.

1 comment:

alm said...

Have you consider an organization like Animal Rescue Flights (http://www.animalrescueflights.org/) They have a large network of volunteer animal rescue private pilots (my hubby is one). They're great for long distance transport of 1-3 dogs and are non-profit - all volunteer.
(I'm new to your blog and your rescue work. Very glad to know of your great work!)