Thursday, July 15, 2010

Let's play ball!

Libby is a 6 year old yellow lab who came along with Sam (owners lost their home and had to move to a rental that didn't allow dogs). She has sort of slipped through the cracks around here and I haven't got her picture taken or got her posted on the web anywhere yet. They said she is 6 years old, but she acts more like 6 months. She's a nice girl, but she does play kind of rough with the other dogs sometimes. She doesn't hurt anyone, but her style is a bit rowdy for some dogs until they get to know her and she learns to scale down her play.

Today I learned something about Libby that may help her get adopted. She's a big time ball player. She found a tennis ball in the dog yard and brought it to me. I gave it a toss and she tore out after it with great enthusiasm. She continued until I broke it off, she wasn't about to stop. Thor and Colby were running with her, clueless about the whole ball thing, but enjoying the play. That little Colby is a smart and sneaky girl. A couple of times she snatched the ball and made off with it, not really knowing what to do with it, but wanting to find out what the attraction was.

We all had a good time and now I know how to run some weight off of that girl. She's a little chunky and could use some exercise. I still need some better pics for a website posting and need to start taking her out to shop for a new home.











3 comments:

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

My opinion. I bet you will not have any trouble finding Libby a home, and I like the last picture you posted of Libby. That's a great story.

mythreepups said...

I agree. The last photo is terrific.

Unknown said...

what a fun group! Maybe Libby can be the kennel exercise leader. Those are all good lookin' dogs.