Thursday, July 29, 2010

Out of town

Apparently I should leave town more often.  I moved out 4 dogs in the week before leaving and everything I've heard so far has been good. 

Colby is doing well in her new foster home and has a few potential adopters.  Ana is settling into her new home and they are planning to enroll with her in an obedience course.  I think that is a great idea even for a dog that doesn't really need it.  It's a great way to bond with the dog and to establish the sort of relationship that we want, with the person as the leader. 

The best news since I left is the news that Libby is doing well in her new home.  Apparently she's a different dog than she was at my house, or at least the living situation at my house didn't give her the chance to show what she can do.  With me, she seemed rather wild and unruly.  A nice dog, but not exactly well trained. Apparently that was her outdoor, summer camp personna.  She now lives in a beautiful home in Charlottesville, behaves herself indoors and out, walks nicely, and knows all kinds of commands. She is completely focused on her new mom and really seems to be doing her part to make this work.  I couldn't be happier.

I've committed to taking in a female rottie and two sharpei pups when I get back next week. 

(Having a great time in NYC.)

No comments: