Monday, July 26, 2010

Lucky Libby

The two ladies who were behind the fund raising effort for Rocky are at it again.  (See, "A tale of two ladies", February 3, 2010). One of them has a rottie that she adopted from me and the other has a rescued lab.  It seems that they've been talking about Libby.  Anyway, the lab lady called me this morning and wanted to give Libby a try. 

It is a great opportunity for Libby and good for me too because I'm going out of town this week and it will be one less dog for the housesitter to cope with.  I gave Libby a quick bath to remove some of the kennel dust and we headed into Charlottesville early this afternoon. 

The two dogs seemed fine together.  Libby was mostly interested in exploring the beautiful backyard.  She was a house dog and a family dog at one time, so she should be able to integrate herself into a new home.  At the very least, I'll have a lot more information about the dog after she's been there a week, which should help in finding her a home.  If Libby is smart and plays her cards right, she may already have one. 

1 comment:

Shayna said...

Rocky says he really likes those ladies and hopes they keep her :o)