Thursday, August 12, 2010

Full house

The usual seating plan at our house is Gypsy, Cabell, and Bremo downstairs, Zachary and Molly upstairs.  The two upstairs are usually in my office during the day and they come into the bedroom at night.  The separation from the downstairs dogs is necessary because Gypsy hates Molly (and all other females), and she's not too fond of Zachary either. 

There are three crates set up in my office at all times.  There are dog beds in them and Molly and/or Zach use them or the big bolster bed that is near my work computer.  Trooper and Daphne have been currently occupying two of the crates, leaving one for Molly because I still crate Molly if I leave because she's a trash picker and once, years ago, she jumped out of the second floor window.  Plus, she's scared of storms, so she likes to hunker down in a crate if there is even the least threat of rain.

Greta (German Shepherd) has come to board with us for a couple of weeks.  She doesn't really need a crate but I've been using one for her just to get her into the household routine.  Yesterday three of my fosters had surgery, so Boomer came indoors along with Beastie Boy.  Last night Molly and Zach came to the bedroom, leaving Boomer, Daphne, and Greta in the three big crates.  I set up a fourth, slightly smaller crate for the Beastie Boy (who learned to go up stairs for the first time in his life).  Trooper took the big bolster bed in the office, making 5 dogs in here last night.  More of a doggie dorm than an office at that point. 

There would have been a sixth dog stashed somewhere, but the female shar pei, Belle, spent the night at the vet's after her surgery, for which I was grateful.  She was not only spayed, she also had entropic surgery to correct a congenital condition affecting her eyelids.  She can have Beastie Boy's crate when she comes home tonight. 

During the day today, or at least for this morning, I'm trying to keep Boomer, Daphne, Trooper, and Zachary outside in the dog yard. The Beast went back to his kennel and I think he's fine there.  I'm lucky that our own five dogs don't want or need that much outdoor time right now.

[Pictures, from top left:  Boomer and Trooper; Daphne (smiling at last); Boomer (with ball); Trooper (looking handsome and goofy all at once); Daphne (classic rottie look); and Boomer (again, with ball, he's crazy about a ball). 

1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

Good to see Daphne smiling, she is a lovely girl. I hope she finds her forever home soon.