Friday, August 27, 2010

The foster child becomes the foster parent

This is Griff, formerly Nick, formerly Buddy, formerly unknown and homeless, our Thanksgiving Rottweiler from a couple years ago. 

He lives in the country with many animals and works at an animal shelter.  He has previously fostered wildlife with the help of his new mom. 

When I first saw this, I thought of one of those pictures you see that circulate on the internet and always wonder if they are real or faked.  I know the source of this one, and I know the dog, so I know it's real.

Here's the backstory: 
Her mother was killed on a logging job. The baby was brought to me at a day old. She is now two months old. Griff adopts any wild animal that shows up. I'll have to get pics of them licking each other it is a riot. She cleans him, his ears, and he stands or sits patiently while she does it. He is also her body guard.

And what better body guard could a fawn, a fox, or a person ask for? 




3 comments:

ladybugz said...

awesome! too bad more humans can't be like this....

ladybugz said...

awesome; too bad more humans can't learn from this...

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Unbelievable, right you are about it looks like one of the photos you get in an E-mail and wonder if it is real or not.