Sunday, December 8, 2013

Anna's adoption day

I'm writing this on Sunday morning, happy that the scheduled adoption event in Gainesville was cancelled in advance.  Because it was, I went to Saturday's event in Purcellville instead, with Anna, Ochie, and Franklin.  I had several inquiries about Anna this week and we even made a stop on the way up to meet one family that was interested in her.  Some folks from Arlington who had been emailing me for the past week or so came out to meet her and they took her home.  They were excited to have her and she was happy to go with them.  She really needed to be an only dog, or at least to have less competition for the human connection than she had around here.  I think that will enable her to settle down and to gain some weight.
 

Ochie and Franklin had a great time.  They are both very sociable and really ate up all the attention.  All my pics of Ochie were blurred because he was constantly in motion.  Franklin settled down next to his handler and just enjoyed it all.








After Anna's adoption was completed I headed back home because it's a good 2.5 hour drive and we had plans for the evening.  Clay and I went into Charlottesville for pizza and christmas decorating at his mother's house.  Maya came along because I didn't want her to eat anything else while we were gone.


When we got back home I had a nice email from Anna's adopters and a couple of pictures.  She looks very happy.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy for Anna and for you.