Sunday, December 1, 2013

Beer and boating

I put xmas lights on a magnolia,
very festive.
The new beer is a stout.
Five days off of work with absolutely no obligations has been really nice.  I've hiked a lot, done some yard work, we brewed up a new batch of beer, and today I did a canoe trip on the Rivanna.  Life is good.

Adding the hops


The Rivanna was beautiful today.



It's the darkest beer we've made to date.






I chased a pair of bald eagles down the river
for quite a while until they decided I wasn't
much of a threat and they let me just float past.
Two inches of rain last week had the river
running high. I paddled most of the time
and covered the 7 miles in less than 2 hours.


The water was still muddy, but the sky was blue




This was taken from too far off to be very clear,
but these two are so damn cute together.

No comments: