Sunday, December 15, 2013

Family envoy

My sister Kate from Kentucky was in Ireland on business and landed in a hospital there.  Because I had a valid passport and time on my hands, I was dispatched to retrieve her. I walked onto a plane Thursday evening and arrived Friday morning.  She's doing fine and should be discharged after an MRI, which should take place on Monday.  The plan is to fly back to Kentucky on Thursday, after which I will return home. Mostly my duties as family envoy have amounted to being a foreign correspondent, sending dispatches stateside to those waiting there. 

The last couple of days the doctor has agreed to daily outings so I finally have some pictures to post.  

This my sister Kate on Saturday at a pub called Twelth Lock. I had an excellent seafood chowder.  

Kentucky Ale is brewed by the company Kate works for. This sign is in a pub called Slevins in the village of Dunboyne near Alltech's company offices.  

On Sunday we went to downtown Dublin with a couple of her friends.  This is the Ha Penny bridge across the river that runs through downtown Dublin. 


A view from the bridge. 

Downtown Dublin was decorated for Christmas and busy with shoppers. 

There were two dog groups out there today, a guide dog organization and this one, a rescue group. 

There was a man in the park feeding swans. 

We hit a couple of pubs.  This one was Mulligans. I am now s big fan of Guinness, which is brewed in Dublin and seems to be the national drink. 














No comments: