Saturday, December 28, 2013

Back to the trails

Between the trip to Ireland and Christmas, it's been a couple weeks since I've been on the trails, but we got back to it today in a big way.

First I did 3.4 miles with Sparky.  The map on the right shows our route mapped with an app called Map My Walk.  Sparky didn't care about the app or the route, he was just happy to be out there again.  We had a good time. 










I got back home, finished up my work and rested a bit, and then headed out again with Max.  We did a shorter hike, 2.2 miles, but it was enough for me even though Max was still pulling strong right up to the end. 

I'm not sure who needed it the most, Sparky, Max, or me.  We all needed it and it was good for all of us. 


Maya and Ochie playing outside
Frank








I wanted to get both dogs out on Saturday because Sunday is predicted to be chilly and very wet.  I also picked up four new bales of straw for the dog yard, shed, and kennel.

Ochie and Frank are spending the nights in crates up in my office, and Frank is spending most of the day indoors as well.  He made it clear that he's an indoor boxer.  Sweet boy.  He's a little food aggressive but I really can't find anything wrong with him.  He's going to be a good dog for some lucky boxer lover.









No comments: