Monday, May 5, 2014

Fare Thee Well

Lucy arrived on a transport on Thursday. I got her to the vet the same day. She checked out fine other than being underweight. She wasn't eating well either.

As luck would have it, someone fostering for Animal Connections happened to be looking for a boxer to adopt. She heard about Lucy, wrote me and called me, and came over to meet her on Saturday morning.

Lucy took to her immediately and they went home together. Lucy was great around here in every way, other than not eating well, so I thought that the quicker she made a transition and got settled into her permanent home, the better.

Sunday she was having diarrhea, including some blood, but otherwise acted all right, so I told her to take her to the vet Monday morning. She did and they kept her for the day, gave her some fluids, and sent her home with metronidazole and some food that she was eating there.

I suspect that she just got so stressed out from the multiple moves that her digestive tract was in an uproar, stressed out, and unhappy. This is the dog that came out of a "domestic situation" so it's very likely that stress has been a part of her life for a while. I think she'll be fine once she gets settled and calms down. We wish her well.





No comments: