Thursday, May 1, 2014

Up 1 dog and 2 pounds

The new girl's name is Lucy. She came via a transport from my doggie dealer as a result of a "domestic situation." She's thin (just 44 pounds) but otherwise seems very healthy and remarkably well adjusted, although she's a little bit confused at the moment. I met the transporter in Charlottesville and we went directly to the vet, where I got in after just a short wait. She's already been spayed but of course we had no vaccination history on her. She's got it now, along with negative test results for heartworms and other parasites.


She rides nicely in the car and she met the other dogs without any problem. She's apparently even good with cats. She's a pretty brindle color with a nice white bib. It's nice to have a boxer again.































I got on the scales at the vet's office only to discover that I had gained two pounds. I wasn't too surprised because I could tell I had hit another plateau. I had been eating two actual meals a day recently instead of one meal plus all the fruits, veggies, and salad I could stand. Obviously I can't do that. After I got the new girl settled at home, Sparky and I hit the trails for a fast, seven mile hike, followed by iced tea and a salad wrap for dinner.

No comments: