Thursday, May 8, 2014

Suddenly Summer

Spring arrived late and left early this year. Today had a definite summer feel to it outside, and inside the house was hot and stuffy so the air conditioning came on, marking the official start of summer.

I got out for a hike late this afternoon. Mad Max was the dog of choice. I wasn't up for Ochie's pace and pulling; I wasn't sure Sparky would like the heat; and besides, it really was Max's turn. I figured that a long walk on a warm day would tire him out and it did. The only time he really pulled much was near the end when we spotted a deer. I picked a route that had us crossing water as much as possible and we didn't push the pace at all.

I've had a couple inquiries about Max this week that I need to follow up. Maybe one of these days we'll find him a home.














Today's route, 8.07 miles

No comments: