Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Six soggy miles


Tuesday has been dreary, somewhat chilly, and raining off and on. Not a great day for hiking but the dogs are bored being shut up indoors and I was too. I took three dogs each on a two mile hike over the same route, but that didn't matter to them really, or to me.

First it was Ochie, and I'm glad I took him first because he pulled the hardest. We scared up a few deer, which increased our speed.



I hit "pause" on the MapMyWalk app on my cell phone and drove back home to exchange Ochie for Max. The route we were walking was near the dog park end of the Pleasant Grove property, which isn't far from home so I was able to swap dogs and get back to the starting point in about 15 minutes. Max was a pleasure to walk today, no pulling, didn't fight me about anything.






I brought Max back home and picked up Maya. I managed to keep her from getting out on her own today and I know she was feeling the need for an outing. The rain was pretty light for the first two walks, but it was picking up by the time Maya and I were out there. I was pretty well wet all over, but we got back home just shortly before the really hard rain hit.



On Monday I had taken Sparky out for a seven mile hike before the rain started. We had a great time. I suspect he was happy to stay home today and skip the rainy day walks.



No comments: