Friday, April 4, 2014

Spay and weigh


Today was Trinity's spay day. I took her in this morning and I can say that the experience was better than our first time at the vet's office anyway.  She had lost a pound or two, but she had barfed up food yesterday so I hadn't fed her all day. I had been feeding her three times a day and I think I may have just overwhelmed her system. Argo had the same problem yesterday, and I had been feeding him three times a day too, or maybe his was sympathetic vomiting after Trinity did it, I'm not sure.
Trinity in the crate on the way
to the vet this morning.
Trinity when I picked her up.

Argo was back to eating today, however, and I hope that Trinity will soon, but she's still a bit out of it from the surgery today. Apparently she had a bit more bleeding than usual, but they gave her fluids and checked her red blood cell count just before we headed home and everything seemed good. 

When I went in to pick up Trinity from the surgery I took along Argo and Gigi to check their weight.






Gigi did not want to get out
of the van.
Argo, @ about 78 pounds
Argo's wasn't great, down a pound from where he had been, in spite of my shoving food down him this week. I'm not sure what's wrong with that boy, but he will go back to his regular foster home tomorrow. I cooked chicken and rice for Trinity this evening and gave Argo some of that with his dry food and he ate it all up. 

Gigi's weight, a nice gain.
She was very disappointed in me for
taking her to the vet.
Gigi's weight was up five pounds and that is good. She's doing well on the new food and she's filled out nicely, I'm pretty happy with her at 90 pounds.

I got on the scales today too, weighed in at 205, which down nine pounds from my last doctor's visit in January or February, and down 35 pounds from where I started a year ago. I was happy but 200 is my goal for right now. I didn't have time for a long hike today but Ochie and I got in a quick three miles this afternoon.
That's one big dog! Me, as of 04-04-2014.
200 pounds is my short term goal.










No comments: